Disclaimers: 1. this post mentions my shop. 2. I’m sure we offer a great deal!
If you are looking preparing for a wedding and you want to keep it real (i.e. don’t want to copy celebrities in their race for overspending) then consider buying Silver Wedding Rings instead of gold. Here’s why:
* you want your rign to carry the emotional value not a metal value. The emotions are the same with any symbol and the hard cash saved makes a lot of difference.
* Good quality sterling silver bands start at about £35, so you can get a pair for £70. Poor quality gold rings (9ct, made in China) will cost you at least £199, so rounhly £400 per pair. If you want a good quality gold bands it then you’re looking at at least £360 per piece bringing the total to £700 – ten times the price of silver ones!
* adding a small diamond to you silver ring will make it more unique and personal. Silver with diamond ring will cost you about £85 – example is here here.
* taking the jewellery on holidays is safe. We have a lot of customers buying “replacement rings” when they travel, because they are scared to take something too expensive. Do you really want to spend time worrying about a wedding ring?
And now a plug why it’s good to buy from Harry Fay:
* we will help you make sure your ring fits nicely. We offer free ring sizers and free exchange if the ring doesn’t fit.
* we can engrave your message inside your ring – for additional £10 we will write your message.
* we know what we do – our family is making and selling jewellery since 1991.
Please go to our website to learn more and check our offering of Silver wedding bands.